there are footprints so we must be somewhere close to something, somewhere...

the twisted trails of scotia contain a magnet that throws off even the strongest mental compass. for the past year I've hiked lots and rode some on these trails - always the follower. On my own accord, I end up lost in the woods and a 2 hour walk turns into a 4 hour journey in search of a way out.

after a few rides in the woods, and with the assistance of a friend's home-made map, jess and i braved the trails tonight on foot - determined to retrace our ride route from the other day. Chaya was our fearless leader.

It took us close to 4 hours - BUT - i think we figured it out. Chaya is now pooped. I'm content. and ready to do a little solo riding out in the woods - hopefully with my little fearless leader close in toe.

we talked about boys, riding, hiking, snow boarding, dogs and all that's outside. it was a chill way to spend an evening. and a chill way to discover a new friend to hang with.

No comments: