broken


Last friday was a typically long day. Teach for 3+ hours in the AM, work all day. Hope on the soma, ride home, work some more. back on the soma for an evening picnic at EP's home where I had the pleasant surprise of running into dr leech and hanging out with most of my favorite students (some were mia). Then back on the Soma to hang out with my girl Nic and Luna in celebration of her finishing the candidacy (go girl!). I was on my bike ALL day commuting around town.

At 2am when the evening finally came to a close, i hopped on my bike only to realize that the shifter was no longer functional. Someone decided to go dr jeckyl on my bike. I recognize that i'm *still* whining about this days later, however the repair will cost lots and will take time. to make matters worse, i can't ride it (grinding up hills in the small cog is no fun). this is putting a serious damper on what would otherwise be a chill week. sometime soon i'm going to learn how to work on my bikes so i don't always have to rush to a shop to get things fixed. grrrr.

but in the meantime, i'm down because, it's my favorite ride.

1 comment:

Paul R said...

Get off to a good start at Park Tool (http://www.parktool.com/repair/), then dig in, future Wrench Wench (an adulatory phrase, BTW).