cranberry bread + one pea brain

This blog is dedicated to the sweeter side of life and to the dog who does her best to steal said sweets. It's been a long semester and I have found myself, largely and sadly, uninspired to bake. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but seriously folks, home girl can bake.

Lately i've found myself perpetually hungry and completely exhausted. Baking has always been a relaxing venture for me so in response I decided to start again with the following goals in mind:

  1. fill my own perpetually depleted calorie tank and satisfy that never ending sweet tooth.
  2. share the wealth! bring joy to others who are in need of sweets
  3. fulfill holiday party obligations
I began with cranberry orange bread (see above). A tasty, fruity sweet bread that is somewhat like eating cake for breakfast.

question: who doesn't love cake?
answer: chocolate labradors??

Here's how it went. I went out for nachos and pool. I left said bread out on the stove (STUPID STUPID idea) see history of said labrador. (she ate a pyrex pan full of cheesecake brownies AND most of the pan). Then there were the lemon bars. I also left my messenger bag on the floor (as i often do) with the remnants of my lunch - a cleaned Tupperware container and chopsticks - YES, i eat all my food with chopsticks. and, really i'm COMPLETELY normal.

So I came home last night to find, wood chopsticks on the floor. one partially eaten, and down the hall, a spankin clean tupperware container. the lid, was in the back room. And on the stove, was my bread - untouched. Not even a lil' slobber.

So, what's up dog? Not into my baking so much anymore?
just in case you didn't get that

The bread: on the counter, just askin' for a lickin'.
the lunch remnants: in my closed up timbuk2 bag. Yes, she managed to OPEN the bag and pull out the lunch and we're talking rice grains left inside - not much!

One can only conclude from all of this that dogs do in fact have pea brains. Especially mine. And that whole theory of energy expenditure vs rewards gained in the wild - yea that doesn't apply either.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice looking loaf!

mountain bound said...

mmmm - tastes better than it looks too!