perspective


it's hard to believe it's already daylight savings - November.
This week marks the last of after work rides. This weeks marks the beginning of rides with BOOTIES and full fingered gloves. brrrrr. This week marks the beginning of blustering winds and cloudy days.

6pm sunset is cutting time in the woods close but 5pm and earlier will require time off of work to ride. (invest in lights??) I'm fortunate to have plenty saved up vaca time for just the occasion... and i put in plenty of evening hours to not feel too guilty about doing so.

Vicki and I braved the winds today. She set a modest (for her i know!) pace and I did my best to keep stride. Riding with those faster can quicken the turtle's pace; it's been refreshing these past few weeks connecting and reconnecting with riders as into cross in the woods as myself.

New people have brought a breath of fresh air into a before seemingly stagnant life. It is all about perspective and mental state. Life really hasn't changed all that much yet, I'm viewing it with fresh green eyes.

Days before crept by - weekends daunting. Was I actually there before? It's hard to believe that some stuck with me through it all - listening, supporting and checking in - like g, b, CK, and my dear friend dragana from suburbia, misha, slackass...

Part of the struggle was lacking strength to be there in return. I loathed every moment of that self-absorbed state yet I couldn't muster the energy to break down those walls and consider those outside. And thus, given that state I didn't think it fair to spend time with others. Finally, strength is returning as is time spent.

Now, time flies. Each moment is my own and a product of choice. Each day brings with it something or someone new. Each weekend, new opportunities to embrace be they races, rides, gatherings, travels... embrace it all. And on the other end of it all, i have a greater appreciation for those close - who helped me get here, now.

  • I've been working hard trying to define my place as a researcher in ecology. I think i'm making progress - slowly but surely.
  • I've been working hard trying to redefine my position at work. It's all about paperwork and politics so we'll see how that progresses.
  • Travel plans are in the works for the spring. Multiple trips exploring the mid west and west. sweet.
  • Sights are set for a few challenges next summer. Training and contemplation are in order this winter. I'm motivated. While knowledge and productivity can be fulfilling, there is so much more to life than work.
  • After many years, the subi is officially my own! waiting on the paperwork but it's official and a done deal.
Life, in short, is good. Life, long term mean, will only get better.

1 comment:

Ace said...

It is always incredible to see others look on life! Especialy when it is a positive one! Kepp it up and looking ahead.

Thank you for the well wishes as well. I made it to my destination ok. Hope to hear from you again soon.

Thank you for Blogging.