expenditures

The emails, snail mail flyers and solicitations are in full force everywhere. contribute to the campaign - contribute to the "cause". Really, I do get the reality of the campaign trail as is relates to the general american publisc - but it still continually annoys me.

Why should I contribute to this cause when others are much more relevant.
While, I can appreciate the value of the democratic process, at times to me it seems to be more of a bad reality TV series, than an actual, meaningful election. Do I really need to watch yet another debate. Who is blaming who for what decision they made years ago in X position. What I gain is what I already knew as I have the uncanny ability to read and observe myself.

Let's start with spending & fundraising. The current campaign trail, still in the height of both fundraising and spending is upwards of 10 figures! 942,000,000 has been raised as of sept 2008. In august of 08 both parties raised close to 60 million bills. That's a lot of t-shirts. Does this figure also correlate in some way to america's obesity epidemic?

Atleast some of the millions are going to 'working class' people (152 mil). But, the big bucks - are in reality tv production aka media spending (335 mil).

Now, let's talk about the economy, our "health care" system, education, and other true relevant and timely issues. Let's imagine a country where those millions of dollars (atleast most) went towards those worthy causes that people are "so concerned about", instead of "Obama - Biden" tshirts, stamps (62 mil), jet setting across the country (127 mil), televised advertising and other associated ad campaign items and costs (800+ mill and rising).

Yes, my world is idealized. It requires each of us to be responsible for both educating ourselves on our own and making an informed decision that is truly ours - not media frenzy -induced. And since i can decisively qualify myself as a truly indecisive person when it comes to things like a dinner menu, I can assure all of those who chose to join me in my world that it won't take 2+ years to make this decision!

what a concept.

No comments: