last day

i can't believe it's my last day in this town for a while.
misha and i caught up today for a sushi lunch at jade garden. she was the last of my friends that i really wanted to see before i left. the past week has been a blur. trying to prepare for this trip and the associated class work (Reading!!), packing, arranging for chaya, the fish, the plants to be taken care of... trying to visit with everyone that i'll miss...i'm managed to fit everyone in - in between reading, packing, planning.

my mind is flooded. a surprise visit on sunday bringing home made cookies and soy milk from 3 hours away totally caught me off guard. amazing. no one's ever taken that kind of effort to surprise me before. what does that mean?

i'm nervous - anticipating this journey that i suspect will be life changing. i'm nervous anticipating coming home to something new that i also suspect will be life changing.
i'm gonna miss my little furry girl - curled up beside my bed each night - waking me up in the am. i'm going to miss the comfort of my supportive friends being surrounded by 19 others who i don't know...

it will be quite the journey... but i think i'm ready.
this may be my last post for a while... until then...
be well my friends.

No comments: