surprise!



To make up for my last post which was negative and down as i was feeling yesterday and today, i thought I would write about some good things which brightened my day in the past few hours. I was sitting in my lab - working away. it was nearing 5 and i was contemplating leaving, when i got an unexpected surprise visit from a dear friend who i used to work with... ms pamela and her crazy pooch had made me a study care package - full of all of the necessities that I will absolutely require to make it through the next few weeks...

please note the carefully crafted bag - made, i presume by her niece and nephew. the card above of course is just so perfect.



Take careful note of the items included in this package. the sticky notes which i have already begun to spread around my lab... these will inevitably end up on the doors / desks / chairs of many of my unsuspecting colleagues and friends. an ample supply of gummy candy - which in my world may last a day or two but is without a doubt, a necessity. :) scented candles, and of course, last but not least - the princess crown... i was pretty stoked about the crown. i mean i've always wanted one and my wish has come true.

i'm a princess.

so i put it one and wore it around the lab. a friend from my study group came in with some GIS questions - she was taken aback but proceeded with her questions - with a straight face. Better yet was when i walked - through the lobby and across the hall to the computer lab where she was working to help her out with her lab - wearing my crown ofcourse.

awesome. i contemplating attending the ecology grad student meeting wearing it - or wearing on my bike ride home... however i didn't make it to the meeting and decided it wouldn't make the ride home in one piece.


and then there's none other than... my ridiculous dog. always good for a laugh - at her expense of course.


the end... thanks for all of the words of support and encouragement!! means a lot and really brightened my day :).

2 comments:

Raymo853 said...

The dog pita photo looks cool.

mountain bound said...

my dog always looks cool. she's got mad style ;)