just another day

it was just another day...
i went into work after scrambling last night to make sure my boss had what he needed from me to attended a meeting down in the 'burg - hburg that is... with the guys and gals who provide support in the form of soft money (grants) that feed our little program - and indirectly, my little furry girl chaya.

i went in today figuring the boss would be gone and i could focus on a few projects in peace, go to class, meet my girl NIC for a quick coffee break, and then return to focused work.

this didn't happen, within a few moments of arriving, my boss came down and asked me to attend the meeting with him and another coworker.

ok. but i was hardly dressed for the occasion looking more like an undergrad wage-payroll.

i ran home - well drove actually seeing as it was raining out... changed ... ran back only to be met by a few more tasks that needed to be done before we left and multiple phone calls about varying issues such as...

the server is down.

talk about fine timing! the best part was being on the phone discussing the server and having another call come in and put on hold for me - all the while my boss and coworker are pacing in the lab - ready to leave.

it's all in a day's work i guess! and today was just one of those days.

in the end, it was cool to see how the whole process works. grants, proposals - the logistical and bureaucratic world of funded projects is a world that i've managed to avoid for the most part for a few years now... it's time to learn. i came home wiped out - in the rain so there was no time on the rockhopper for me and chaya... and hit the books...

another night of the usual... following just another day.

No comments: