so close

today's events in bullet format

  1. talked to b for a while and realized sometimes a guy's opinion is incredibly grounding. guys think differently from girls. we lean towards emotion and understanding (much needed). a blunt and to the point - "stop it" - accompanied by a good slap of reality was needed today. thanks b. ps. you're still my hero.
  2. disagreeing (in my mind) with my prof in class. he says - polyploidy supports a genetically similar population. However i was convinced he was discussing autopolyploidy only and not considering allopolyploidy. i didn't want to voice my thoughts and be wrong ... but i'm still fairly convinced i'm right. can a phd be wrong? i'm not there yet so i just don't know :)
  3. realized i'm still not sure exactly where my project is going even though i managed to narrow down a topic and geographic area in a relatively short period of time. this is hard!
  4. i realized it's ok to take as much alone time as i need - and that my friends will understand and be there when i emerge from my cocoon. inner strength and security is most important and allows all healthy relationships to evolve.
  5. almost ran over a fuzzy squirrel. he darted out in front of me on my way up laurel run and just made it between the wheels. i screamed, heart racing, anticipating taking the little guy out. i swear i felt his little fuzzy tale on my calf. oh the guilt i would feel had i hit him.
  6. realized that while bear gap really isn't a very long or hard climb - it's much harder on the legs the second time up. (it's fun once in a ride so i figured, why not twice?)
  7. Saw an incredible sunset at the overlook. the sky has been spectacular the past few days give all the moisture in the air.
  8. saw a BEAUTIFUL sharp-shinned hawk descending north meadows.
  9. almost ran over another chippy coming down bear meadows (i yelled at him - PLEASE NO! NOT AGAIN! :))
  10. realized my cross rig needs a serious tuning and wheel true... it's noisy to the point my headphones can't always drone it out.
  11. saw a SWEET 325XI WAGON (where the heck did they find an XI wagon in the US???) in the tussey lot with one lonely bike rack tray. oh how it pleaded to me for a second (rack). it had stickers on it suggesting a young owner or a middle aged, mid-life crisis driven man (on second thought - a true mid-life crisis calls for THIS PUPPY. nice.) - wonder if mom and dad bought it or if it was a self-investment. who knows in this town.
  12. spent more time reading about polyploidy... yea i still think i'm right. and YES i'm a geek. **correction - i'm wrong but the mechanism, as described in class resulting in genetic uniformity is was described in a way that I understood as wrong. Thank you text book.
my bruises are developing nicely and are now a deep shade of purple. the one on my upper calf / shin is still swollen and hurts enough to make rocks uncomfortable if not a bit painful to ride on the cross... i was thus uninspired to climb gettis today... maybe later this week. i've decided that the imprint on my right shin is actually from my own bike's front tire being shoved into my leg (i must have unclipped with that leg as i tend to do). the bruising and discomfort is all on the left side which is where he must have actually slammed me. and so goes my forensic powers of deduction, this story sounds plausable as opposed to the gumby bike that hit me from both sides.

when you're good, you're good.

the end.

No comments: