if you ever wondered...

what happens when one bike collides into another...

here is how it goes - straight from the chickens, i mean horses, mouth.

first, you see the bike coming - straight at you.
then, you recognize that the only place you can go to dodge the approacher, is into the 2 ton SUV on your right. too bad both the drivers side and rear seats were full.
then you think - "oh, he'll certainly look up, see me and stop (he being the other bike)" - afterall, i'm at a stop sign barely moving (just beginning my left hand turn).
then you realize - he's not stopping.

i saw it coming in slow, unavoidable motion... CRAP.

i don't remember much... it's still a foggy haze. forensic evidence however tells me that he most likely was riding a 700ccx25 tire... thats what the tread looks like on my bruised to hell shin.

the other mystery is the series of bruises on my other leg. both a few inches long, i'd fit right into the women's football league (ok not really - i can't hang tough like jessefx). it looks badass tho.

believe it or not, i didn't fall! thank you, marshmallow weight. my initial reaction was "i hope my bike is ok". but alas, the stinging burn on both legs suggested that only bike-leah-skin contact was made. skin regenerates - spokes and steel - not so much.

he said "sorry", i bit my tongue, fought back tears (pain-induced and frustration) and road off - cautiously.

now i'm left with the soreness, i'm convinced I have a sweet case of whiplash in my right shoulder. I also gained purple swaths of bruised skin - a few inches radius in spots, an awesome tread tattoo, a bruised shin (into the bone the wheel went) and associated and equally if not moreso bruised ego (the worst part)

perhaps it's time to stop playing "dodge the students - how slow can i go without falling over, and how close can i get without taking one out"and to start planning my escape around class schedules on campus.

then again, what fun is that?

3 comments:

Ace said...

Sorry for the mishap. Glad to hear of no serious injuries though. The soreness and pain inflicted will help you with the upcoming 'cross season...Have a nice weekend.

Raymo853 said...

Lordy, you realize something so similar happen to me last week. A bunch of guys commute-racing on the C&O took me and a woman behind me out. She was fine, my shoulder was dis-located and the guys did not stop. I still cannot raise my left arm.

mountain bound said...

yea rara - did u ever get to the doc?

and i don't have to worry about cross seasons since i dont race :) but thanx for the words of encouragement... hope you had a great weekend as well!