COLLAPSE

If you know me then you know that music, in part, fuels my existence. All kinds too. My roots are classical however I grew up listening to dc underground hard core and metal... soon discovering hip hop, electronic, R&B, gogo, reggae, alternative.....My good friend and summer cycling training partner in crime is in a band called Collapse. It's a metal / rock band that is lyrical, theatrical and brings with it a heavy hard to the bone rhythm. They rock it.

The venue: inside marked with crazy lighting, lots of background noise and movement. What better place to play with the camera?? Good times -- unfortunately i forgot to capture the crowd... but the coolest mountain bikers were there. You'll just have to take my word for it... anyway see below:

Afterall, when on stage, it is about the show...
Long exposures are fun

LEFT: perhaps this is why they call him the pontzatron?


Pontzer was my 101 partner in crime!! ;)

Killer, himself. unabridged.


Gary is an aweome guitarist...


intense... plus, he doesn't whine. ever.

it's all about the music...

darkness.

2 comments:

Drew Mather said...

I do miss live music. We have quite the dearth here in Rock Springs, WY. But, then again, with an 8 month old, I wouldn't even know if there was even music in Rock Springs, much less, live music. Only music I'm hearing these days is the latest theme from the Baby Einstein DVDs ;)

Looks like a good time though.

So sorry to hear about your ankle. Hope you're recovering nicely.

Love the dog pics, and the camping in the snow story!

Good stuff as always, keep up the great posts, and a very happy New Year to you!

Drew

Ry said...

Ponzer, peter and gary?! holy dang. i knew gary in highschool and last I heard Ponzer was in a christian death metal band. hah!

cool. thanks
ry