Reynolds - then and now...

Reynolds is just as I left him. Admittedly, I did miss the big guy. We've had some decent adventures in the past few months and he's treated me alright. It's only fair to provide updates regarding his well being. And with that, ladies and gentlemen, comes Reynolds - then and now - the saga revolving around the past 3 weeks of his steel niner life...

and what a life it is.

Reynolds received some serious bike loving the week prior to the race. He was all tuned, shiny and new for the start sportin his super dope "il falco" saddle.

Trail work on Tuesday prior to the race. Reynolds didn't join - he's lame like that. Above: some Cedar Waxwings at Whipple Dam - trailwork meeting spot.

First thing Thursday AM, Killer and I marked the 101 course from Beidelheimer all the way to Stillhouse. We both were stoked to have our name plates for the race and to be out on the course. Killer fun. Especially given the fact I got to drop Telephone AND Sassassafrass. Peter's too nice...I was a happy girl. The forest was cool, misty and absolutely gorgeous on this day. We saw 2 black bears (above right - be creative - they were there i swear) on bear meadows road AND...

A box turtle on Lewistown Contingent... He booked it... I think Killer frightened him. ;)

Reynolds and I chillin pre race. Yes, he's spotless. Yes, i'm WAY too serious. And YES the nails did match even if in poor form. I also got to chill with Jeff Schalk prerace at Dana and Joe's (THANKS DC - you are so awesome, Friday night dinner was just what I needed!). Jeff won the race. I was about half way through at that point. ha!

Nothing rides quite like steel. Seriously. Try it.

Justin hoooked me up before the race with a custom beta version of a new sticker line to be sold at FreezeThaw. I was a bit tense as my brake rotor was wacked out of tru and I didn't know how to straighten it (still learning disc brakes...). Yea, i'm pretty sure the sticker worked. ("pedal damn it" is on ALL NINERS in case you were wondering). No freaking out, will be on the 2010 niner models if I have anything to say about the matter).

Shhhh - Post 101, I cheated in San Fran with a Bianchi. (THANKS G!!! You seriously rock plus, I miss you a lot already). I miss G. I miss G. I miss G.

It was pretty sweet to cruise around town, even if the bike was 5 sizes too small ;) Right: this dog reminded us of Bosco... Justin, we tried to get a stealth closeup but missed out. G and I both swear this is Bosco's long lost brother.

And here we are now. Reynolds, was left a filthy mess as I hopped on a plane the next morning. Everyone knows a muddy caked bike is SO not my style.



The course was just a LITTLE muddy. Justin and Jake gave Reynolds some serious bike love at the aid station around mile 75 (THANK YOU BOYS! you also are awesome!). the mud above is what accumulated AFTER! dang!

A super chill ride's in store for manana in the forest. I can't wait.
No i'm not a geek. really. Not at all...

2 comments:

Peter Buckland said...

Sweet. Respighi was at least that dirty and happily so. But man was it good to have bike lovers out there. Mmmm. Welcome home. Kill for the love of killing. That's what Ministry says anyway.

mountain bound said...

i think someone took my bike for me and gave it love at EVERY aid station (except 1 ofcourse). crazy nice having them out there.

kill for the love of killing!

while i miss the high alpine mountains, it's nice to be back around such awesome friends again :) can't wait to catch up & ride this week!!! renovo?! 130 miles of saddle lovin, yea!