Reminiscing...3+ days till the 101!

We are just three days out from the 101! I thought perhaps i'd recount past years' experience via picture... I think that not only have my mountain bike skills improved - but also my photographic skills. While i'm a bit embarrased to post these, it's worth the story. Dang. enjoy the show.

2006

I didn't know anyone in the race this year. But it was fun to watch and help!

Richie (left) & Peter (right); I didn't know either of these guys at the time! Who would think that years later we'd all be friends AND I'd be training with killer (right) for this crazy race??!

Chip cruising over rocks... Check out the grainy pictures I used to shoot. can we get a little ISO adjustment here...anyone??

Strauber - eaten up some rocks!

2007


Straub and Chip take two - 07 style. Yup, still didn't know either of them.

A very blurry Sparky!

2008

I only made it to a few spots in 08 as i was working aid station 4 (yet again)... but alas I got a few nice shots of friends...

Here we are pre-race 2008. finally some familiar faces... Wes and Joe pre race @ coburn.

Left: cowboy Right: Todd, Smiling!

pre-race game faces. We've got Kyle, Steve, Billy and Strauber.

Take off!!! yup, i'll be at the back this year rollin out - cruising and chillin.

Chip and Billy: these guys are amazing at rocks. I'm not quite there yet but... soon. AND rachel in the background! Stranger last year, now a dear friend.

Frank cruising through...

Then came ERIK!! I didn't know erik or Mary Jo last year however I'm fairly certain that I worked with mary jo at aid station 4. This year he's been a part of more than one epic long mountain bike 101 training adventure!! Such good peoples!

Then came Mr Glover. He's awesome.

Joe riding through the three bridges rock garden carnage... and cowboy (right)

This dude did Iron Cross too! he's a cross bike machine!!

Rich - cresting greenlee. Greenless is a beast of a climb. From the absolute base it's a good 5 miles. It pitches up at the top. I love it.

Chip! Psyched to crest Greenlee. He was contemplating Seeger - the next big climb in the 101.

Steve-o - always smiling! and then WV (right)! I barely knew WV at the 101 after 1 century with her in June. Who woulda thought she too would become such a great friend??

Allen! I have Allen's picture on my wall at home. Shhhh don't tell. he'll think i'm stalking him. Really, I wanted an anonomous picture of mountain biking and I shot a lovely one with the mountain laurel in full bloom last year in the Stoopid 50. I printed it, framed and hung it. A year later, he becomes part of the Saturday AM ride group! Sweet.

Todd - cresting Greenlee!


And here comes Erik again!

And Frank... and Ray.

And Joe...

Thumbs up to Cowboy stoked to drop crolye...

JG smiling? at the top of Greenlee. I was probably yelling something ridiculous to make this happen. I tend to do that. Good times!!

I'm stoked. Now the big question is - who will take MY PICTURE this year??

3 comments:

Peter Buckland said...

Now that's what I'm talkin' about! After 2 years since I entered and 3 since I finished I'm looking forward to this.

Tempehest Honeybuns said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peter Buckland said...

We killed it. Mostly...you killed it.