complicated


this bike has been good to me. when i'm down, sore, tired, hungover, upset... especially upset... or just in a general rut - it's been there to lift me up, and take me away to the woods... where i can spin away my doubts, fears and concerns and focus on the rocky road ahead. the rocky climbs are so good - the heart rate elevates and the immediate focus is simply "up", past over looks, dodging kamikazi squirrels and chippies, gazing at forest birds... and then comes the burn... the burn is oddly enough - welcome. it signifies a perfect climb.

just up.
when things are good, sometimes i wonder if it's real. if it's real and that good then surely it has to end - at some point. the second guessing can be endless. and slowly my mind becomes twisted in a web of "what if's" and over analysis of events past, words spoken.

it is sometimes harder to accept the good, anticipating an "inevitable" crash which at this rate would be self induced.

this web can only be cleared by a good ride and a good climb - or two - or three.
thank goodness for this bike.

like the muddy fire road debris caked on my frame, i've washed away the webs and cleared my mind. the path to ride is clear - straight ahead - up hill and down... riding right over the rocks, absorbing the impact and enjoying the burn. a little burn makes it real; u learn, grown and get stronger along the way.

No comments: