baby steps

Sometimes the best way to forget one injury is with another. In my case, i traded in bruised ribs for a broken ankle, both of which are healing quickly. I can now walk up stairs - and down slowly. And for the first time in weeks, I road my geared bike outside. No single speed commuter action just yet, but soon I think. I can ride inside on the rollers and I am back to pullups and abs and stretching.

Granted I'm missing out on some sweet snowy forest hikes and xc skiing... BUT maybe this is OK. After working my ass off for the past three weeks, my 3rd round proposal revisions are done and submitted. And now - it's time for girls weekend!! Jess is coming back to hang for a few days and we're kicking the weekend off with an indoor trainer session with DC.

It's all about taking baby steps - patiently healing, making the best of circumstances even if less than opportune and moving forward.
Life is good. Real good.

No comments: