p i DONE

as the hour approached i became increasingly queezy. luckily i had a 3 hour conference session to partake in 9-noon before my 4 hour exam. the talk went well. it ended up being 50 minutes! i didn't realize i had so much to say about soil data.

i graciously took my custom embossed flashlight - complements of the PA Tax Assessors Association (woo hoo!), cranked up some tunes and mosied over to kern to eat and study. unfortunately, my stomach was not interested in food, although my mind knew that i wouldn't make it through 4 hours without it.

i arrived at the room early. and paced a bit outside in the sun before going on. computer setup, questions delivered...

a quick scan revealed MANY MANY FAMILIAR topics.

thank goodness. there is hope.

I started to type... at first the words were garbled, incoherent, and of poor sentence structure... but as time soothed the nerves it came easier... and easier...

i actually think i wrote too much.

about 2.5 hours into the session i realized i was getting HUNGRY, and tired. The m&ms that i had brought as a treat for lunch were calling me from my timbuk2 bag...

but i contemplated the repercussions of:
...wrestling with my bag, making a ton of noise looking for them, and
the exam proctor walking in at that precise moment with me digging through my bag...

hunger and fatigue can wait. it was just me and my water.

i finished early. so i reviewed my answers... and then again... and again... and then i sat and starred - waiting for 5:00 to hit so we could end this thing once and for all.

in short - it's OVER. what a relief. the oral comes next... but how bad can one hour be compared to four???

2 comments:

Drew Mather said...

Congrats, chaya de cacao! You must be SO relieved.

Good luck on your orals.

Know you'll knock 'em dead!

mountain bound said...

thanx man!!! what a relief to be through it :) :)