ridge

The ridge trail is one of the most fun, accessible and beautiful trails in the forest. For me, it's particularly good for practicing technical riding given numerous rocks and log piles. Today, for the first time, I cleared most of the piles, and some of the rocks; strangely enough with confidence! So sweet. I took my time and tried again and again until I got it right. Some things were cleared lacking grace - others, smooth. I road until my mind and body were spent... so awesome.

The burn area is a favorite spot. There are numerous birds including nesting blue birds and Red-headed woodpeckers.

The weather today was perfect.

This little combo throws me off because the two piles are so close and slightly off camber (IE you can't just roll through you need momentum AND a bit of direction).

i got it finally after a few tries. rad.

I used to always look at this pile and think it was way too tall for me to clear. It's actually really smooth - in both directions. Double rad.

My reward for rocking the logs today was bombing down camp trail, splashing through the rocky stream at the base. It was sweet. I earned it. Reynolds is now officially my favorite bike. The challenge of the trails makes me want more. And more. and more...

No comments: